Birdville ISD's *No "Opting Out"*

Ready to fight? Have an idea for an action item? Wondering how can you help fight STAAR and educational malpractice? Post up here!
sarah.champion

On my daughter's ISD's page, it states the following:

By law, all students enrolled in Texas public schools are required to be assessed with the appropriate STAAR tests during the designated testing windows. The Texas Education Code does not provide students and parents an option of not testing. The district is required to provide test materials to all students in attendance and mark test answer documents as Score if students have the opportunity to complete the test. Students in grades 5 and 8 who do not pass the reading or mathematics test are subjected to SSI requirements, which includes receiving accelerated instruction and retesting. Students in other grade levels who fail STAAR are also required to be provided accelerated instruction.

I was prepared to edit the Master Opt-Out Letter, and now cannot convince myself that this won't just blow up in my face.

Thank you for all of the time you all have dedicated towards this subject - it's simply amazing.

scott.placek

sarah.champion wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:14 am On my daughter's ISD's page, it states the following:

By law, all students enrolled in Texas public schools are required to be assessed with the appropriate STAAR tests during the designated testing windows. The Texas Education Code does not provide students and parents an option of not testing. The district is required to provide test materials to all students in attendance and mark test answer documents as Score if students have the opportunity to complete the test. Students in grades 5 and 8 who do not pass the reading or mathematics test are subjected to SSI requirements, which includes receiving accelerated instruction and retesting. Students in other grade levels who fail STAAR are also required to be provided accelerated instruction.

I was prepared to edit the Master Opt-Out Letter, and now cannot convince myself that this won't just blow up in my face.

Thank you for all of the time you all have dedicated towards this subject - it's simply amazing.
What is it you think is going to happen? A school website convinces you all the parents who are telling you they opt out successfully are wrong? Schools count on parents quitting and complying. Is this you?
Webmaster for txedrights.net
Admin at Texans Take Action Against STAAR

General Potstirrer and malcontent
scott.placek

Admin at Texans Take Action Against STAAR

General Potstirrer and malcontent
scott.placek

A855AAB5-A3B2-4394-827A-1CF7E3EA3E92.jpeg
A855AAB5-A3B2-4394-827A-1CF7E3EA3E92.jpeg (172.2 KiB) Viewed 29512 times
Do not be intimidated!