Got a call from Daughter's School yesterday about her not passing Algebra STAAR.

Discussion of How STAAR impacts promotion and retention under the Texas Student Success Initiative
scott.placek

They told me she would need to attend school to retake the STAAR to meet graduation requirements. She is a Freshman and passed the Biology and English STAAR, but didn't pass the Albgebra. She is an A/B student and for the last 9 weeks in that class her grade was a 99. Here are her grades for each 9 weeks in that class this year.
1st 9 weeks 91
2nd 9 weeks 89
3rd 9 weeks 90
4th 9 weeks 92
5th 9 weeks 99
I laughed when he told me she had to retake it. I said it's not even a required test and I'm tired of the District making parents believe their child MUST take it. He said it is required. I said so your telling me a straight A student who doesn't pass the STAAR Assessment must retake it and can't graduate with credit from class? He said No. She scored a 3386 in Algebra and must have a 3550. Could someone please tell me if I have to send her since she took the 1st test. I wasn't going to make her, but I told her just do the best you can and that she will have tests her whole life. What actions can I take to tell them she won't be attending to retest and also to ensure they can't allow her to NOT graduate? Please help. We are in Grand Prairie ISD in Texas. Here are her grades. I want to add she is ADD and on a 504 Plan.
grades.jpg
grades.jpg (71.51 KiB) Viewed 42579 times

Webmaster for txedrights.net
Admin at Texans Take Action Against STAAR

General Potstirrer and malcontent
scott.placek

grades2.png
grades2.png (102 KiB) Viewed 42578 times
Webmaster for txedrights.net
Admin at Texans Take Action Against STAAR

General Potstirrer and malcontent
scott.placek